The NaiLab in Nairobi was last week full of action with 1%CLUB social media workshop. Nine projects (24people) from all over Kenya had great fun and put in practice how to promote their projects online.
1%CLUB Social Media Workshop, Nairobi Kenya – Part I:
Two days full of action all participants enrolled on the 1%CLUB website, Facebook and were busy with digital storytelling; writing weblogs and making short videos of their project.
Great tips how to write a good weblog and how to make it directly a script for digital storytelling video.
So why not share the good tips:
Tips for Story Writing (weblog and script):
- Better more (short) updates than long stories of what happened in the whole month concerning your project. About 200 words is OK!
- Always try to imagine or think of who you are writing it for…who’s your audience?
- Tell what went OK but also what went wrong…it that case people realize that you are honest/transparent
- Don’t just say that the project is improving or getting better…and that a lot of people benefit from it.
- Try and make it personal. Choose a girl/guy whose life really changed or is improving thanks to your project. For example Maria…. tell about her situation before the project and after that describe what/how her life changed thanks to the project.
1%CLUB Social Media Workshop, Nairobi Kenya – Part II:
- Communicate with your donators. People will ask questions online, you can really create a friendship or bond by replying to their comments/questions
By doing all this, the chances are much higher that people will donate for your project, than for a project, where the project managers aren’t communicating that well with their donators.
Great job done by Kibera TV, editing those videos!