Our 1%CLUB website is now 3 years online. The current version is 2.0. So time to brainstorm about the next version. But what should the 1%CLUB Website version 3.0 look like?
Because we do not have all the answers we decided to tap in to the wisdom of experts and invited some of the following web guru’s and offered them a free pizza and a beer (who can refuse that?) in exchange for their ideas.
• Mathijs van Abbe (@mathys) – Mister Mobypicture
• Daan van Tongeren (@daanvt) – Founder of the Social Intranet tool WorkVoices
• Rolf Kleef (@rolfkleef) – Mister Open for Change himself
• Erik Visser (@erikvisser) – Online Conversation Expert and great goalie
• Erwin Blom (@erwblo) – New Media Innovator (website) and founder The Crowds
• Bill Zimmerman (@billzimmerman) – Founder ActiveSpaces in Cameroon and founder of VC4Africa.bizz
• Mike Lee (@bmf) – Developer of Obama app and now running for mayor of Appsterdam
BITS OF RAIN, PIZZA AND FREEDOM
Although the rain was crazy still a lot of people showed up for the brainstorm at the new office of Bits of Freedom. Bits of Freedom is the Dutch digital rights organization, focusing on privacy and communications freedom in the digital age.
Bits of Freedom stands up for your freedom and privacy on the internet. As 1%CLUB we appreciate their work (and office) a lot! Thank you guys for your hospitality!
THE BRAINSTORM OUTCOMES
Here the most important brainstorm outcomes in random order:
• Focus on personalised matchmaking between projects and members
• Create a mashup (bringing existing tools together)
• Add Open Data portability (to and from)
• Create cloud of experts and create a microtasking app
• Add Gamification and reward elements to the platform
• Create a web of trust around the projects
• Take mobile as a starting point
• Create a pyramid of engagement for the community
STARTING WITH A BLANK PAGE
Erik Visser had a brainwave and sent us the following advise in the middle of the night:
Okay starting with a blank page all over again. Thanks Erik!
Let us now tap in to the wisdom of the 1%Crowd. What do you think version 3.0 of the 1%CLUB should look like?